Thursday, August 21, 2008

VIDEO: Trace Cyrus Performs with His Band Metro Station

Trace Cyrus and Mason Musso's band Metro Station are performing their electronic-rock hit "Shake It" on Yahoo! Music later this week – and PEOPLE has an exclusive first-look at the session.

Guitarist Cyrus, 19, formed the band with co-vocalist/guitarist Musso, 19, in 2006 after being introduced by their moms on the set of Hannah Montana. (Both Trace and Mason have sibiligs who appear on the show: Miley Cyrus and Mitchel Musso.)



Although Trace's sound is completely different from that of his younger sister and dad, country star Billy Ray Cyrus, he says he has learned a lot about the music business from his family. "I watch what Miley and my dad have gone through – they've been really level-headed through it all and made really smart decisions," he recently told PEOPLE. "I learn from them and I think my sister learns from me in many ways as well."

Miley, 15, admires her brother's band and the advice he's given to her about her own brand of pop music. "They're awesome," she told PEOPLE this spring. "As an artist he knows what goes into [making music] and he can tell when I’m slacking off or if I could have done something better."

Trace – he's the guy in the clip with tattoos and facial piercings wearing a Slayer T-shirt – says he grew up a fan of '80s hair bands. "Bands like Poison, Rat, White Snake, I was obsessed with as a kid growing up. A lot of my style and how I dress comes from that era – the tight pants, a lot of black," he says. "Then after I got older, I got into more current stuff like Green Day, blink-182. That was where I got a lot inspiration for songwriting."

Metro Station finishes a summer tour with Good Charlotte next week and will return to the road in the fall on a headlining tour in support of their self-titled debut album.

VIDEO: Trace Cyrus Performs with His Band Metro Station
By Marisa Laudadio (Source)

No comments: